Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Korean BBQ Beef Wraps

Korean BBQ beef lettuce wraps.  Yummy

When we bought our house a little over 5 years ago my husband insisted on using a realtor. I wasn't a fan of the decision. In fact, I'm still not today. The only thing I enjoy(ed) out of the situation is that every month when she sends us a postcard in the mail, it has a recipe on it. A few months ago the recipe was for these wraps. They are divine in a "I love meat" sort of way.

Because I don't have the recipe card in front of me, I'm going to do a little guestimation on the actual ingredients. Give it a try though - your tummy will thank me for it later.

Korean BBQ Lettuce wraps:
rice
romaine lettuce
1 flank steak
1 kiwi

Cut up and smash the kiwi. Smear the kiwi all over the flank steak and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.

While the steak is steeping, make the marinade.

1/3 c. soy sauce
3 tbsp red wine
3 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp corn syrup (Karo syrup, etc.)
3 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 c. brown sugar

Mix the marinade. Place the steak and marinade in a zip lock bag. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. I prefer all day long.

Once everything is ready - cook the steak (grill, frying pan, etc. It's all good) and slice it up as thinly as you can.

While the steak is cooking, boil the remaining marinade (get rid of the kiwis) to make the sauce for the wraps. Also, cook some white rice and get some romaine lettuce leaves ready for wrapping.

Serve the wraps with green onions, thin carrot strips and toasted sesame seeds.

Note: A medium to large flank steak should serve about 8 people. It doesn't go that far however in our house of large carnivores. Don't plan on any leftovers and if you are having guest over for dinner - maybe double everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment